Chicken and vegetable stir-fry is a healthy and flavorful dish that is easy to prepare and perfect for busy weeknights. This dish combines lean protein, fresh vegetables, and healthy carbohydrates, making it a well-balanced meal that will keep you full and satisfied. In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to prepare chicken and vegetable stir-fry.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked brown rice for serving
Here are 6 Step-by-Step Guide
Prepare the ingredients Start by prepping all the ingredients. Cut the chicken breasts into thin strips and season with salt and pepper. Mince the garlic and ginger, chop the onion, and slice the bell peppers and mushrooms. Rinse the snow peas and set aside.
Cook the chicken Heat a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
Cook the vegetables Add another tablespoon of vegetable oil to the pan and swirl to coat. Add the garlic and ginger to the pan and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the onion, bell peppers, and mushrooms to the pan and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Add the snow peas to the pan and stir-fry for another minute.
Make the sauce In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, and 1/4 cup of water until smooth.
Combine the chicken and vegetables Add the chicken back to the pan with the vegetables. Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until the sauce thickens and coats the chicken and vegetables.
Serve and enjoy Serve the chicken and vegetable stir-fry over cooked brown rice. Garnish with chopped green onions or cilantro, if desired.
Tips for Making Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry
- Use a high smoke point oil like vegetable or canola oil for stir-frying.
- Cut the vegetables into uniform sizes so they cook evenly.
- Don’t overcook the vegetables. They should be tender but still have a little crunch.
- Make sure the sauce is well combined and smooth before adding it to the pan.
- Serve the stir-fry over brown rice for a healthier option.
- Cyclone Mocha: An Overview of the Extremely Severe Cyclonic Storm
- Get Beach Body Ready for The 7-Day Belly Fat Blasting Challenge
- Remington F5-5800 Foil Shaver Men’s Electric Razor with Intercept Shaving Technology
- Remington MB4700 Smart Beard Trimmer
- Top 5 Robot Mops for Efficient and Convenient Floor Cleaning